How To Avoid Overstaying Your Visa

If you are intending to enter the United States legally, you must obtain an immigrant visa or a non-immigrant visa for a temporary stay. This is often straightforward, but it can be more complicated if you don't know how long you intend to stay in the United States. It's further complicated if your visa is about to expire and you do not want to leave the United States yet. Fortunately, there are ways that you can extend your stay.

Three Tips For Finding An Immigration Attorney For You And Your Fiance

Planning to get married comes with a lot of work. You and your future spouse will have to figure out what where you will live, the location of your wedding, any changes in your career track, and how you will set up your family after the wedding. The wedding itself takes a lot of time and planning, but you may have bigger issues at hand. If your fiance is a resident of another country and is a resident of the United States, having them come here is going to take an immigration attorney and many steps.

What If Your Loved One's Visa Is Cancelled?

When your visa is revoked without warning, whether or not you can have it reinstated depends on several factors. In many instances, visa revocation notices are sent in advance so that the affected parties can take action. However, it is possible to receive notification during an attempt to enter the country. If you have a loved one whose visa was revoked, here is what you need to know.   Why Was the Visa Revoked?

Green Card Sponsorships: What If Your Sponsor Withdraws Support?

Part of the process to receive a visa is to have a sponsor who is willing to vouch for you while you are in the country. Ideally, the person you choose would agree to sponsor you throughout the process. However, if your sponsor decides to withdraw his or her support, you need to take action.  Has Your Visa Petition Been Approved? At what stage in the visa process the sponsor withdraws his or her support is important.

Obtaining A Green Card For An Immediate Family Member

Much has been written in recent years about an American immigration problem, with some vocal elements advocating closing the borders. Most of this anger is directed at illegal immigrants, although some of the negativity is aimed at immigration in general. Fortunately for those of you who are permanent citizens with relatives abroad, family petitions for immigration are still a viable way of getting your family to the United States. The green card process, although still fraught with red tape, is easier for spouses, parents, and children of residents than for other family members.